Tips to increase direct bookings
1) Review rates against your competitors to establish if your property is being competitive. Consider reducing rates to attract more reservations. In busy periods consider raising rates and applying minimum stays or closed to arrivals / departures, non-refundable for low rates etc. Most online booking systems today enable these advanced functionalities.
2) Maintain rate and inventory parity across all channels.
3) Provide a rate guarantee on your website and emails reassuring 'lookers' you are offering the best rate. Offer incentives for direct bookings such as room upgrade subject to availability, airport transfers etc.
4) Ensure your direct booking link is sent with all outward emails.
5) Don't forget some of the old methods; 'traditional' promotion methods such as posting mailers can result in better results than email campaigns with many people complaining about too many emails. Receiving a letter puts something physical in their hands!